Thursday, June 7, 2018

Throwback Thursday

Sometimes it's fun to take a look at the past and remember the different steps in a journey. The first pattern we listed on our website, Marcia's Flowers, came about through the inspiration of a friend's jacket. From that same inspiration, we also created a needle book that we gave to the owner of the inspirational jacket. This Friday, I (Kara) am going to be teaching a class in Germany, using that same needle book pattern. I could never have imagined, when stitching the first needle book, that two years later, I would be sharing it and teaching wool appliqué on a different continent!

As I put together this second needle book, I knew that I wanted to create a more earthy palette than the previous one. Kelly, at DKW outside of Munich, provided some lovely wool from which to choose, and the second version of the needle book was finished.



Wool appliqué is not much of a thing in our area of Germany, so I am on a quest to create a few more converts. With that in mind, my friend Karen, has offered to host a mini-class in her home, and we have  five ladies ready to learn. Because some people prefer a bright palette, I have put together two different kits.

Earthy palette
Bright palette























The kit all ready to go!

Hopefully the ladies will fall in love with wool and the wonderful things you can do with it. We thought it might be fun to re-post the original story about the jacket and its inspiration. While the  needle book pattern is no longer free, you can still find the motifs in our original Marcia's Flowers Pattern

Teri and I have had a wealth of experiences since we began Through the Needle's Eye and hopefully you have enjoyed reading about them. Please enjoy our little trip down memory lane!

6 comments: